All About Hardwood Floors!
Interiors of any home in today’s modern world are incomplete without hardwood floors. However, hardwood floor care is a challenging task and in order to avoid the hassle, it is better to buy good quality Hardwood Floor Care Vienna. In the recent global world of wood floor finishing, urethane finishes are particularly very famous. They are praised for their great durability and low maintenance, urethane finishes are the most common finish utilized on floors and seldom need Hardwood Floor Cleaners.
Bona Pro Series Hardwood Floor Cleaner is the stalwart of various good quality water-based finishes which tend to meet all kinds of state and federal VOC (volatile organic compounds) rules and regulations for air quality standards. They are highly long lasting, and these durable type of finishes have no kind of harmful fumes produced. This implies that the homeowner need not vacate the home when such cleaners are used.
How to choose between Urethane and Oil Finishes?
Deciding between these two will be difficult. So, how should one go about it? Probably a more useful choice would be the one you make on the basis of their characteristics and your needs. Both the Urethane and Oil finishes types of finish have their own place on beautiful hardwood floors. While choosing which one to buy you would want to consider the cost, aesthetic appearance and maintenance that you are comfortable with. For your ease, we have listed some of the below facts to know about each of their traits:
1. Urethane finishes make a layer of protection over the floor’s wood surface.
2. Urethane finishes tend to be really durable and are very convenient to clean up using a dry mop and hardwood floor cleaner.
3. The durable nature of a urethane finish can also make it hard to spot any kind of repairs. Gradually, as the urethane layer will break down, the complete floor will need to be refinished.
4. Natural oil finish goes deep within the entire piece of wood that bonds with the wood on a very molecular level. A natural oil finish has the capacity of penetrating deep into the hardwood floor just in a single coat which results in an extremely strengthened wear and tears resistance.
5. Oil finished floors also need a tad more maintenance capacity along with specialized soaps and various refreshers that help keep the appearance and protects the oil finish.
6. Since an oil finish has an impact on the actual wood, spot repairs on scratches and any kind of wearing off are easier to avoid. If maintained properly, an oil finished floor will not actually have the requirement to be stripped off and refinished as in the case of a urethane finish.
Designing with Natural Oil Finishes
Since a natural oil finish affects the wood in a direct manner, there are many people who choose oil finishes in order to elevate their aesthetic appeal. Oil finishes have the capacity to strongly enhance the natural appearance and color of the entire wood species. Oil finishes generally give a matte finish that allows for a subtle design element inside the home. Oil finishes can also be utilized to give the floors a warmer and far more rustic appearance. While oil finishes do have the potency of bringing out a woody and natural color, they additionally have it in them to make it easy to manage and are available in custom colors with a very wide array of colors.
- Admin .