Steps To Keep Your Tile Floors Clean And Shiny
Tile flooring is one of the most looked upon option thanks to their low maintenance, versatility and durability. Tile floors need a very less amount of upkeep to look shiny and clean just like hardwood floors. Their waterproof quality makes them an ultimate choice in bathrooms and kitchens.
With regular care, tile flooring can be kept clean and shiny for years. Below are certain routine steps that you can take up to keep your floor as brand new:
Suggestion To Read :: How To Refill Your Bona Pro Series Hardwood Floor Cleaner Bottle
- Basic Flooring Care
These are day to day activities that you can take up in order to keep the floor clean.
- Sweep and Vacuum the floor daily. This would help remove loose dirt, debris and food crumbs that gets accumulated on tile floors. Dirt if allowed to sit in wet areas can turn into grime that is really hard to remove. Sweeping or vacuuming the floor removes this extra dirt and hence prolongs the life of floors.
- Mop your floors with warm water. Clean the mop in fresh warm water and mop a section of room and repeat the procedure for the entire surface. You can also use a dish soap to pick up everyday dust and debris.
- Dry the floors. Use a dry mop once you have mopped the floor with warm water. This would restrain the accumulation of new dirt.
- Do not let the any kind of spills to settle on your floor and by this we mean juice, water etc as the longer it sits the more time it will have to get soaked up in the grout.
- If the spills are dirty for example you dropped off a piece of meat or anything, use a disinfectant to immediately clean the stain. Make sure to keep it restrained to the area where the spill occurred.
Suggestion To Read :: Hardwood Floor Cleaner For Your Use
- Deep Cleaning Methods
There are many deep cleaning methods that you can take on a weekly or monthly basis to keep the shine of your floors intact.
- Make a solution of warm water and vinegar and mopt the floor with it. For this you can mix 1/2 cup vinegar with one gallon of water and mop the floor as usual.
- In case there is some stain that is made to sit or a long period of time, prepare a mixture of scouring powder and warm water (50:50) and rub the stain with a cloth. Let it rest for 10 minutes and then remove the stain with a soft brush.
- In order to remove the mildew formed in bathrooms, prepare a 50:50 solution of water and ammonia, scrub the area with a soft brush and the solution, rinse the floor with clean water and clean it with clean cloth.
- Sometimes we have a problem of rust on our tile floors. In order to get rid of this problem, put a pair of gloves, dampen a clean cloth with kerosene oil, rub the rust stain away, rinse with warm water and then clean with clean cloth. If the rust is still there, repeat the process. List of hardwood floor care products
- Cleaning the Grout
Cleaning the grout needs to be one of the most important part of cleaning the tile floor as dirty grouts would make your tile looks old and unattractive. So here are some ways you can clean the grout of your tile floors:
- If we have small sections of grout that are stained, you can use a number 2 pencil eraser and rub it on the stained portion. For larger stains, you can either use sandpaper or abrasive grout.
- Dirty grout can also be cleaned using baking soda. Make a paste of baking soda and water. Scrub the dirty grout with the toothbrush. If the stain is tough, let it stay for sometime. Rinse it with warm water and mop with clean dry cloth.
- If the stains are not getting removed using natural methods, then you can go for a bleach solution. Put on gloves, make a 75:25 solution of bleach and water (only if your grout is white else bleach would be a bad idea), scrub the solution with the help of a toothbrush, rinse the surface with warm water and clean it with dry cloth.
- Admin .