What Is The Easiest Way To Clean A Carpet Using A Vacuum Cleaner?
A clean and dust free carpet not only lasts almost twice as long as a regular carpet but also helps to enhance the aesthetic appeal of an area. Thankfully, the use of vacuum cleaners has made the difficult and time consuming task of carpet cleaning quite easy and effortless. However, in order to get the best results, users need to be aware of some basic tips that can further simplify the process of cleaning the carpets using a vacuum cleaner.
Some such tips are discussed below.
- Even before they start vacuuming the carpet, the users have to make the surface ready for the process. This can be done by clearing the surface of any such materials that should not be vacuumed over. These might include pins and coins etc that can block or damage the cleaner.
- For vacuums that come with height adjustment settings, it is important to set the system at the proper height. Setting the height too low can damage the carpet as well as the roller brush and drive belt of the vacuum. Setting it too high will make it difficult for the vacuum to pick up the dust and dirt in an effective manner.
- In order to ensure effective cleaning, it is important to use the vacuum cleaner at the right speed. While it is advisable not to operate the cleaner at a high speed, care also needs to be taken that the speed is not too slow as it will not produce enough power for deep cleaning.
- Use a vacuum cleaner in both the horizontal and vertical directions for better efficiency in cleaning. Users should make sure that they make a minimum of two slow speed pass overs in areas of high traffic as it helps in removing the ground-in dirt more effectively.
- It is highly advisable to change the bag of the cleaner before starting to vacuum the carpet. Washing the filters is also a good way to enhance the suction power of the cleaner, which in turn can help to improve its efficiency in a significant manner.
- In case the carpet runs under furniture that is not easy to remove, it is advisable to use the right tool available with the device for cleaning those areas. Most vacuums are provided with a variety of extensions to help the users clean difficult to reach areas in an easy manner.
The above tips can help the users in ensuring that their carpets are cleaned thoroughly and in an effortless manner using a vacuum cleaner.
- Admin .